Thursday, March 19, 2009

Loudun - day 1

We borowed a car and a GPS then headed for Loudun. First stop were a small castle called Chambord that the manager in Orleans told os me had to visit.

When we got to Tours one of my collegurs visited his brother whom he haden't seen in 10 years - and we two others went for a bite to eat at a bistro, while enjoying the almost spring-like weather.
I bought some specialities for my cat-sitter from a store that has this website.

Then we drove to the Loudon facetory and said hello to the people there, worked for an hour or so before we drove to the hotel.

After a beer enjoyed in front of a bar next to the river Vienne, in the last rays of the sunlight (yes it's ok to be a little jaloux) We stolled back to the hotel and got dinner before getting ready to go to bed, to blog and so on.

NOTICE: The internet at the hotel was so lousy that I haven't been able to write here for a while, so you will get all the days in a big pile!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Darling Torben,

Your cat sitter telephoned me, all in a swivet, needing me to come immediately without much explanation. Cat is fine (needless to say), and I'm managing well enough, although I'm a bit, shall we say, "shredded," but, kind-hearted cat-loving soul that I am, I have no inclination to file suit.

I hope you're having a swell time in Louden during your free hours.

Love,
Zilla

PS: Gee, that expensive and luxurious olive oil-based eye serum sure looks deliciously effective, but don't mistake this remark for a gift-inspiring "hint." I deserve every wrinkle I have. Except the ones on my ass, but I doubt they make a serum for that.


PS PS: Eat well, please (plenty of raw and unseasoned vegetables, not so much cheese, and lay off the pastries entirely).

Jennifer said...

PS PS PS: Where the heck is Loudun, and why can't I spell it properly on the first try??

wv: empri - A French over-the-counter medication for, you know, those symptoms that high-strung women may claim to experience during "that time of the month," even though we all know they're lying just to get out of work or gym class.

Torben BoP said...

My dear Zilla

Unfortunately I have already returned home, but rest asured that now I know about your fancy for Olive-based beauty products (Not that you neet them obviously), I will surely remember you the next time I am in Tours.

I DID lay off the pastry, however the french have a different approach to salads than I anticipated, ass will be explained later.

ps. here is Loudun