Friday, June 13, 2008

Today is not Saturday.

My phone rang at around 9:30 this morning.

"Torben!"
"Hi It's Michael"
"Hi Michael" (Michael who! - I sort of recognized the voice but couldn't place it)
"What are you doin?" (Didnt' want to tell him I just woke up)
"Nothing much, wh..... OH - DAMN!" (It dawned on me which Michael)
"Why arn't you at work?"
"ehh I thought it was Saturday, grab a coffee I'll be right there..."

It was a technical contractor that I had a meeting with this morning, not good.

In retrospect I should have made up some car problem or other because, he spent the time he was waiting, telling ALL my collegues about my mistake, so I'we been ridiculed all day.. Bummer. I'll probably hear for it the rest of the summer.

Luckely it's a long time since I done anything equally dumb.
I remember one time in high-school I jumped out of bed and were litteraly getting dressed on the run as I sprinted for the bus-stop. And as I got there, I wondered when the bus would arrive, and why there were no traffic, then slowly realizing that it was Sunday.

The worst one was also in high-school; got up Wayyy to late, grabbed my dads car (It was allright with him) and drove 4 miles to the school, where i noticed that the parking lot was empty.. Because I somehow had woken up more than one hour early without noticing.. - Later the same day I got on the bus for home and had travelled half a mile, when I noticed the car keys in my pocket.....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Come to think of it, perhaps I had better allow you to live in my pocket. There may be nothing to eat except lint-covered Lifesavers, but you will never again be late for anything :-)