Friday, March 20, 2009

Loudun - Day 4

The landlady at our hotel is not a morning person. Bonjour madame gets a grunt as a reply, perhaps she is amgry we did not eat at the restaurant last night.

We worked all day at the factory, it's a little sad to see the way the factory is still marked by the faded memories of earlier 'greater' days. I am pretty sure that is a big part of the reason for the negativity that we feel around here, the partly empty building, the empty cardholders for the timeregistration clocks that have not been used in more than 10 years, but still are here. As well as all the old equipment that should have been scrapped, for instance telephones that look like they come from russia in the 70'ies.

--


I have met a french female named Mimi, we have petted, and she have bitten me when my dinner arrived and I mistakenly ignored her.
We went to the same restaurant as yesterday, and the cat seemed to remember me. Its called the red house and if you come this way you chould visit. it is run by a dear old lady all by herself - yesterday we were the only guests, but today there were 6 other guests besides us so she were wery busy, but still smiling and freindly, not like the madam in our hotel.

Oh and tonight when I came into my room it smelled like sh*t, I think it comes from the drains in the bathroom.

We are doing pretty good time, if we are lucky we can finish early tomorrow and perhaps find time to look at the city of Chinon, I would like to take some pictures in daylight, of the places we have walked at night, there is also the castle to see.

No comments: