Thursday, October 09, 2008

Slightly stressfull

A collegue and I decided to go for a run after work this week, just as we have done before. So the other day we brought our running gear and changed at work before driving to the wood where we had planned to run.

And it was a great run, a fun trail with lots of small hills, trees, roots and stuff.

But when we got back to out cars we discovered that they had been broken into. The side windows was broken and our bags were gone from both cars.

So the last days I have had to close telephone and Visa, call the police to report it (even though I doubt they will do anything but type the report). Call the Insurance and report what was stolen how old it was and what it would cost to replace. Get the car to the shop for a new window and lots of other things.

Its just so irritating... And the knowledge that someone has my mobile with pics and text-messages (Bop doing the helicopter - No just kidding). My USB key with god knows which documents, pictures and music, personal notes to self, i hope there were no passwords or such - getting a bit ill just by the thought of it.

And today in my mailbox were my Visa and my social-security cards... No message no nothing. I am guessing that they were tossed out the car window by the thief and then found by someone who decided to deliver them, since the address was there. I would just like to have talked to that person to hear where they found it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Slightly? Sounds double-whammy stressful to me.

Here's to better days ahead!

alpharat said...

Dude, all I can say is that really, really sucks, and I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with it.

Hope things are looking up soon!