Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wildlife of the woods

Its close to months end and I had about a weeks worth of vacation days that had to be spent before may. So I chose this week and lucky me, the weather is beautiful - I got out the bike and went for a ride on my favorite trail, and it payed of too, apart from the birds (noisy bunch this time of year) I saw about 8 to 10 deer, that i nearly missed (Need to practice getting out the camera and operating it while riding) but you can see two of them on this picture if you look closely.

Then I saw a stoat that were much to fast to get a picture of, and finally this monster "snake".

pretty sure it isn't a rattler :-)

Brilliant day - bop is happy.

2 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Stoat? How cute. We don't have those.

That snake would win my affections over more quickly if called 'slow worm' instead.

Great seeing you, and glad you got out. It's marvelous here, too, but we're dipping back down in temperatures next week.
Which is good, I guess, since I'm not ready to put plants in the ground just yet.

Torben BoP said...

A stoat is not very big, the one I saw were only 20cm or so.
And the snake is really not a snake but some kind of lizard thingy, sans legs.
It's been a great week - Got the first sunburn of the year by doing a little gardening, mostly cleaning up stuff, but now its about ready for planting and stuff.